Apex Legends is one of the most competitive battle royale games that is played across various platforms. Made by Respawn Entertainment, Apex attracts gamers with brand-new characters and maps every season! The game caters to both casual newbies and competitive veterans, making it a top-rated multiplayer.
Owing to this, 50 million players have joined the hype and downloaded the game, fighting for the title of Apex Champion! However, despite the staggering number of Apex gamers, it can be pretty confusing to find and download the game to play. In this guide, we’ll showcase different ways to download Apex Legends on PC for players to not miss out on the action.
Before we dive into how to download Apex Legends on PC, let’s learn what the hero shooter is all about.
Bonus Read: Expel Krieg’s bloodthirsty rage in the most savage way possible by reading this piece on the best Borderlands 2 psycho builds!
What Is Apex Legends?
Apex Legends is an online multiplayer game where players band together in groups of three, eliminating enemy squads to be the last team standing. The battle-royale FPS has attracted a plethora of gamers over time with its quirky movement mechanics and a diverse range of weapon selection options.
The map keeps shrinking into a circular zone like other battle royale games. Being outside the zone will eat up the health of champions, eventually sowing the seeds to a knockout for the squad. The zone size reduction does more damage per second as the game progresses, making it more grueling to not stay in the zone during the end-game.
Additionally, Apex Legends introduces various champions with superhuman abilities, assisting players in belittling their opponents. Currently, 16 characters catering to different playstyles are available. This means players can approach the game with creative perspectives. Therefore, it creates a high-skill ceiling for gamers to master.
If the battle-royale mode gets monotonous, teammates can also brawl against other squads in 3v3 Arena mode. Also, it’s a brilliant way to get warmed-up before you jump into facing various squads all at once in ranked leagues.
Is Apex Legends Free to Play?
Considering the effort Apex Legends puts into regularly updating the game, it’s surprising to hear it is completely free of cost. However, money can be spent buying different Apex Legends DLC, which unlocks characters, exclusive skins, and apex points to spend in-game!
Note: Everything that can be purchased in-game are purely for cosmetic purposes. They don’t grant any competitive advantages in the arena.
Surely, you’re feeling tempted to play Apex Legends by now. But sadly, Apex Legends can’t run on every computer. We’ll show the minimum requirements needed to run Apex Legends on PC.
Minimum Requirements to Download Apex Legends on PC
Apex Legends requires a simplistic setup to run the game on basic settings. If the PC consists of a 6th Gen Intel Core i3 processor with 8 GB RAM, you’re good to go! However, the PC needs to fulfill the following requirements first:
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 3.8GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- RAM Required: 6GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 / Radeon HD 7730
- GPU RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk: Minimum 80 GB of free space
However, satisfying these requirements only permits the PC to run Apex Legends. It doesn’t assure the complete gaming experience as complications like low FPS, constant stutters, and crashes may occur.
To circumvent these problems, check the recommended hardware for the PC, ensuring the smoothest Apex Legends experience.
Recommended Requirements to Download Apex Legends on PC
Although some games can be quite demanding for particular PCs, the hardware required to ensure a satisfying Apex Legends experience is affordable. It’s also reasonable compared to other gaming titles today. Therefore, online gamers can enjoy the overall in-game navigation and shooting experience and compete fairly.
If you want eye-catching and enticing graphics, these are the recommended requirements to keep Apex Legends running at 60 FPS constantly:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- GPU RAM: 8GB
- Hard Disk: Minimum 80 GB of free space
Remember, it’s always better to own a PC that’s superior to the required hardware. It helps in bringing higher-end graphics for a premium gaming experience.
If the PC hardware is up-to-mark with the requirements, you’re prepared to play Apex Legends at its fullest potential. Now, let’s understand how to download Apex Legends on PC.
Bonus Read: Make new friends by learning how to chat in VALORANT with this simple and easy-to-use guide.
How to Download Apex Legends on PC with Steam
If you haven’t heard of Steam previously, let’s briefly describe how the app functions. Steam is an online service that allows players to buy PC games digitally. It’s renowned for massive sales during summer and the winter holidays, so keep tabs on these dates to purchase games at a lower price!
Additionally, players looking to buy or download video games will find a plethora of them on Steam, including free-to-play games like Apex Legends. Using Steam will help players organize their games without losing progress despite deleting them. This is mainly since the progress is secured in the Steam profile.
If this has brought an irrefutable urge to download Steam, click here and follow the steps below:
- Click on Install Steam. The browser will request you to open the application.
- Open the Application. Choose the destination folder to store Steam on the preferred hard drive.
- You’ve successfully downloaded Steam! Now open the app and create your Steam Profile by clicking ‘Create a New Account.’
- Enter the email address and choose your Country of Residence. This permits you to purchase games according to the country’s local currency.
- Verify your email by clicking the link sent by Steam on your email inbox.
- Now, choose a Gamer ID that’s special to you! Steam doesn’t permit anyone else to plagiarize your in-game name and vice versa, so keep an unorthodox name.
- After entering the ID and password, you have access to the Store and the Steam Library!
After having access to the Steam Library, here’s how to add and download Apex Legends on it:
- Type Apex legends on the search bar in the top right of the Steam Store.
- Click on Apex Legends.
- Scroll down the page and add the game to the library.
- Go to your library and click on download below the game title of Apex Legends.
Considering the PC is downloading a game worth 54 GB of space, it’ll take a while to download, so don’t get antsy!
However, having a Steam Account isn’t enough to play Apex Legends. When you log into the game, the game will request the player to create an Origin Account.
For this, we’ll explain what an Origin Account means and how to create one to set foot into the world of Apex Legends.
How To Make An Origin Account
Apex Legends is distributed by Electronic Arts (EA), and Origin is a gaming store that exclusively distributes games made by the company. It’s also an alternative option to download Apex Legends. For that to happen, an Origin Account is needed.
Before we talk about downloading Apex Legends using Origin, let’s learn how to make an Origin Account.
- Click on this link to open the Origin website. Go to ‘Create an Account’ and enter your country and date of birth. Click Next after filling in the information.
- Input the mail address and password on the required spaces. Additionally, choose the name you want in-game and click next.
- Enter the security answers and choose whether friends or other players can view your Origin Account.
- Click next, verify the email address, and you’ve successfully created an Origin Account!
In conclusion, we’ve made an Origin account and now have access to Apex Legends! Remember, if Steam isn’t a player’s cup of tea, here’s a guide on downloading Apex Legends from Origin.
Bonus Read: Need some drip while nuking opponents in Call of Duty? Check out the six best operator skins in Warzone to look like an intimidating freak!
How To Download Apex Legends Using Origin
Origin provides exclusive games, including Apex Legends, right after its release. It’s a lot quicker to download Apex Legends using Origin due to its optimized installation feature. Here’s how you can download Apex Legends on PC using Origin:
- Download Origin by following the above steps.
- Open the Origin application and log in with your Origin Account.
- Search for Apex Legends on the search bar.
- Add the game to the library.
- Click download on Apex Legends in the library.
Now that you’ve learned how to download Apex Legends on PC, get pumped up to dominate opponents and gain the title of an Apex Champion! Keep in mind, it’s necessary to check settings like FPS to make sure players aren’t constrained in any way when they’re in combat mode.
Why Higher FPS In Apex Legends Is Important
FPS, known as frames per second, is the best indicator of the PC’s hardware performance in games like Apex Legends. Games tend to feel less laggy when FPS is higher, bringing more consistency to the gameplay.
On the contrary, low FPS shouldn’t be an issue on better hardware that complements the latest and higher-end PCs. It’ll run the games at the highest graphics presets, creating a more immersion in-game vibe.
Above that, lower-spec computers tend to struggle to get more frames, resulting in less-satisfying gaming experiences on shooters like Apex Legends.
Well, you’re in luck because we have specific solutions that can increase FPS in Apex Legends.
How To Increase FPS In Apex Legends
Before getting into in-game settings to increase the FPS of Apex Legends, make sure the in-game FPS isn’t capped. If capped, Apex Legends won’t run at a higher FPS regardless of whatever changes you make in the FPS settings.
Here’s how to ensure the FPS isn’t capped on Apex Legends using Steam and Origin:
- Right-click Apex Legends in the Steam Library > Properties > General tab. A checklist and some options will appear.
- Untick “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” on the list.
- Click on “Set Launch Options” and copy and paste “–high +fps_max Unlimited” on the dialog box presented.
- Get into the Origin Launch and look for “My Game Library.”
- Find Apex Legends, right-click and get into properties.
- Select “Advanced Launch Options.” A dialog box to enter commands should appear
- Copy and paste “+fps_maxunlimited” and hit save.
After this, the PC has been unshackled from the chains of capped FPS to give out the maximum frames your hardware can process.
Not to forget, the FPS also improves by applying these video settings in Apex Legends:
- V-Sync: Disabled
- Adaptive Resolution FPS Target: 0
- Adaptive Supersampling: Disabled
- Anti-aliasing: TSAA
- Sun Shadow Coverage: Low
- Sun Shadow Detail: Low
- Spot Shadow Detail: Low
- Model Detail: Medium
- Effects Detail: Low
- Impact Marks: Medium
- Ragdolls: Low
Reducing some settings to their lowest is possible but has an impact on the game’s visuals. Players should use settings they prefer and see what works the best for their gaming style. This’ll help find the perfect balance between performance and graphics, adding depth to the virtual gaming world.
To summarise, Apex Legends can be downloaded using the Steam and Origin clients. Additionally, high-end PCs are recommended to work towards the best Apex Legends experience possible. In contrast, lower-end PCs have to compromise graphics for a preferable in-game performance to fight fair with opponents.
We’ve listed everything about Apex Legends concerning graphics, downloading methods, and the game description as well.
Hop onto the servers of Apex Legends and become a menace for opponents with your go-to battle-royale squad!
Bonus Read: Can’t decipher the method to rotate objects in Cities: Skylines? Learn how to acquire the perfect orientation here.