Hyper Scape is a first-person shooter game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft, which is known for creating award-winning games like Rainbow Six Siege, Assassins Creed, and Far Cry.
It is a free-to-play, fast-paced battle royale-style game that is available for free on PC through Uplay, PS4, and PS5 through PlayStation Plus and XBOX Series X/S and Xbox One through the Xbox Marketplace.
Hyper Scape takes place in the year 2054 in Neo Arcadia, a part of a metaverse created by the in-game tech giants Prisma Dimensions. Here, players battle each other in a sport known as Crown Rush.
Ubisoft has rolled out a new update for Hyper Scape, and with Patch 2.5, the new cross-play feature is available for players on different platforms.
Currently, they offer full cross-play between consoles. However, a single PC player in the party will put the entire team in a PC matchmaking pool. PC players can play with consoles by invite only.
PC players will be able to join a complete cross-play pool when the gameplay is more balanced. This ensures that the games are fair. Ubisoft and the Hyper Scape team are constantly working on new updates to remove bugs and give the players a smoother gaming experience.
Read More: How To Play Fall Guys?
How To Cross-Play Hyper Scape?
Let’s look at what we need to get started and some tips to boost our gameplay in Hyper Scape. These tips will ensure that you have a wholesome experience while playing the game:
1. Let’s get started
First, understand the basics of setting up a game with your friends:
- You can add players to your list by opening the squad hub section in-game. From here, you can add players to your friend list. Once they are on your friend list, you can add them to your squad and start a game.
- PC players will have to add their friends through Uplay, and console players will have to go to the Ubisoft website and add their friends through their Ubisoft account name.
- After adding your friends, players from your platform and different consoles will appear in the same friend list in the social menu. Now you’re ready to add your friends to a squad and start your game!
Ubisoft still needs to streamline the process of adding friends, but all in all, it’s an outstanding feature and can hopefully increase the lobby size for Xbox and Playstation players.
Here are some tips to troubleshoot if you’re unable to add or join a friend:
- Verify the Uplay ‘username’ and check if there are any spelling mistakes in the username.
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- If you are still experiencing any issues, then you can tell the other player to add you. Chances are you were experiencing a minor bug in the game on your end.
- If the above solutions do not work, don’t worry, you can restart the game and try again. Remember, this is still a game in its early stages, so let’s be patient.
3. What’s new?
Gamers can enjoy utmost convenience with a plethora of new updates and features such as:
- With patch 2.5 coming to Neo Arcadia, Hyper Scape can be cross-played across multiple platforms and receive some gameplay changes that make it run smoothly.
- Hyper Scape is an arena-style combat game with cat and mouse firefights. You can fight to the death solo or team up with your friends from different platforms, join the squad mode, and be the last team standing to take the crown.
- The game runs a simple inventory system, and you get two swappable abilities to pick up and upgrade. You can swap abilities during each round and find upgrades and weapons on the floor.
- The health bar is now a solid color instead of individual blocks, which are now easy to see. Even better, get access to on-screen data of the damage you have inflicted. It’s flashing on top of the health bar.
- In addition to this, a new random map feature has been added to Neo Arcadia. One of the three maps will be randomly picked for every match.
- This new update also brings significant additions to team deathmatch by increasing the game time from 10 to 12 minutes and the maximum score from 40 to 50 points.
- Changes were also made to the mammoth shotgun. Players can now see where the pellets hit, with critical hits popping up in red.
4. Cross-play, oh yeah!
Ubisoft has finally announced cross-play for Hyper Scape. This means that PlayStation and Xbox players will get to play together in the same matchmaking pool.
With cross-play compatibility, Ubisoft aims to reduce the lobby waiting time between games and increase the number of players in each match. It has been added to both modes, the crown rush battle royale and team deathmatch.
- Console players can update the game and start matchmaking with other consoles automatically.
- Cross-play can be toggled “on” and “off” in the account settings on consoles. This setting can be changed in-game on the PS4, and it can be turned off in the system settings on the Xbox.
PC players are out of luck presently as they won’t be able to play with non-PC players in general matchmaking. Currently, the cross-play option is turned on by default for PC players and cannot be disabled.
- Ubisoft is working on merging the PC players into the general lobby.
- However, PC players can play with console players via invites only but keep in mind that the games will take place in a PC matchmaking pool.
- A social menu has been added to help players keep a tab on their friends, access game invites and friend requests.
Hyper Scape is a first-person battle royale game with a unique twist. Live streamers on Twitch can affect the outcome of a match by voting.
Players can find weapons and abilities on the ground which they can use and upgrade throughout the game. Abilities allow the player to turn invisible, reveal enemy locations, or teleport, making the game a stealthy entertainment experience.
Streamers can vote on which modifications are to be made by the in-game AI host. Modifications include features like infinite ammo on all guns or turning on a low gravity mode.
This game requires a combination of quick navigation and a sense of verticality that will only get enhanced the more you play the game. It is a quick-action battle royale that gives you the capacity to chain abilities to escape or attack.
The skill requirement for the game is slightly high, and the action kicks off as soon as you land on the ground. This means that the first few games for a newcomer will be challenging, if not overwhelming. These attributes make it a challenging experience for newcomers who play Hyper Scape.
The game has finally added a new ranking system for players. This starts from bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, and finally, the champion rank for players to conquer and show who the boss player is!
Hyper Scape also offers a new free-roam mode called the Arcadium. Here, players can explore and also train by shooting the enemy AI who are roaming the city.
This new model will help amateur players grasp the game’s shooting mechanics and play style without affecting their rank.
6. Tips and tricks to quickly improve at Hyper Scape
The long-awaited cross-play feature will bring tons of new competition to Neo Arcadia. Let’s take a look at a few tips that will always keep us a few steps ahead of the competition:
- For beginners, it is essential to always have either the teleport or the slam ability. Verticality in this game comes to play in the sense that there are loads of tall buildings everywhere, and you can get to the top of them. These abilities help you get on top of buildings much faster than parkour.
- Once you drop down on the map, nearby players are highlighted in red. This only lasts for a few seconds, so ensure to scan the area as soon as you land.
- Fully fused weapons and hacks can be found at landmark spots on the map. However, these locations are usually heavily contested. Loot-able buildings are highlighted on the map and have colored rooftops. Also, keep an eye out for golden doors and windows to know whether a building has loot in it.
- Be as unpredictable as possible by breaking the norm in this game. Hyper Scape is a movement-based battle royale. Always jump and move from side to side to make it harder for your opponents to hit you. Additionally, jumping in Hyper Scape is momentum-based, which means you can double jump higher than usual.
- Mix and match hacks and movements to create new combination moves. Moreover, double jump and teleport twice to gain a third jump which can help you get even higher and spice up your trick shot clips.
- Don’t be afraid to fire. The weapons in Hyper Scape are insanely accurate when firing from the hip if aiming down sight isn’t always optimal in close quarters.
For anyone looking to play a fast-paced battle royale game, hyper scape is the one to go for. This game checks all the boxes for a gamer who prefers the first-person shooter. Combine this with its twists, and you have a highly immersive gaming experience.
The cross-platform feature will only make the game more efficient by reducing waiting time and adding more players to a game. You can now play with a friend regardless of which platform they play on!
Though the game has a difficult learning curve, the developers are in tune with the community. They are always working toward making the Hyper Scape experience a smooth one for beginners and professional players alike.